STAAR Testing May 11-13
As a reminder, our 3rd, 4th, and 5th Graders will participate in STAAR testing next week. Students will test on the following days in the following areas:
Tuesday, May 11: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Math
Wednesday, May 12: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Reading
Thursday, May 13: 5th Grade Science
Good luck to our students and teachers!
End of Year Gatherings--Volunteers Needed
Porch Pickup Volunteers Needed!
Let’s celebrate the end of a wonderful school year and say hello to summer!
In celebration of the end of the school year, the PTA will provide treat bags to all Face-to-Face and School@Home students. All students will enjoy a snack, treat, drink in a safe manner with their classmates on Wednesday, May 26. Face-to-Face students will receive their treat bag at school.
We are looking for two parent volunteers for each School@Home classroom to distribute the treat bags to the School@Home students. The distribution will be porch pickups by class. Please sign up to host a porch pickup during the week of May 24.
To volunteer, click here. Log in/registration is required and then you can access the volunteer signup link for your student’s class.
For any questions about the treat bags and how you can help, please contact Michele Anchia, VP4-Volunteers, at volunteers@Hightowerpta.org. Thank you for your help!
5th Grade Celebration
5th Grade Celebration – Pictures Needed!
Parents of 5th graders, please send any photos of your student from their time at Hightower to Gail Good, 5th Grade Celebration Chair, at email@example.com. The pictures can be from any school event such as Bike Rodeo, FitFest Color Run or Bubble Run, the First Day of School, Class Parties, Field Trips, Field Day, and more from Kindergarten until now.
These pictures will be used for a memory video that will be shown to the 5th graders the last week of school. Please label your pictures with your student’s name and send by Friday, May 14. Thank you!
Buy Your Yearbook Before May 31!
Last Chance to Order the 2020-2021 Yearbook! Sale closes May 31!
Don't miss out on your opportunity to purchase this year's yearbook!
The 2020-2021 yearbook includes:
- Student and Staff Portraits
- School events (F2F and Virtual) including: Class Gatherings, STEAM Day, Red Ribbon Week, Cultural Diversity Day, Book Fair, Bluebonnet Books, Science Fair, Reflections, Specials, Snow days
- Tiger I Spy (New for this year!)
- A special tribute to Ms. Venable
- Farewell message and photos for Mrs. Sprott
Get your 2020-2021 Yearbook today for $25! Click here (login/registration required) to order your yearbook!
Questions? Contact Becca Berry-Cacioppo, Yearbook Chair, at Yearbook@HightowerPTA.org.
Treat your teachers with something they'll love!
Need some ideas for those end of the year teacher gifts? Check out our Treat-a-Teacher page to view lists of each teacher and staff members favorite snacks, drinks, school supplies, and much more!
Class of 2014 Senior Reunion
Hightower Class of 2014 Tigers!
Join your former classmates for the Hightower Senior Reunion on Friday, May 28th from 10-11 a.m. in the Hightower Gym. We will also be announcing the winner of the Hightower PTA Alumni Scholarship, so you won't want to miss out!
Please note that due to COVID precautions, the reunion will be open to 2014 students only. Masks are required, and the reunion will be limited to the gym.
Any questions, please contact Bridgette Hartley, Senior Scholarship Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Carpool Safety Reminders
Click here to view the full list of carpool reminders and city/state laws.
Good reminders for drivers:
- Slow down in all school zones! Our school zones operate before school from 7:00-8:00 am and after school from 2:30-3:15 pm. The speed limit in all active school zones is always 20 MPH.
- Do not use your cell phone in any Carpool Line or while driving. It's illegal!
- Watch out for the crosswalks. Always stop when the crossing guard is in the street holding up the Stop sign. Do not enter the street until the crossing guard has returned to the sidewalk.
- Allow extra time to arrive early! The building opens to students at 7:30 am.
Have patience and be kind to our fellow Hightower families!
Calendar of Events
Subscribe to our calendar