Monday begins a very important, fun, educational way to raise money for Hightower Elementary.
We want to promote a love for reading and want to encourage dedicated reading time each day. Our families just finished One Book, One School. Let’s keep reading!
You can help us reach our fundraising goal while helping your child spend time reading each day.
The PTA is raising money to fund field trips, class parties, technology and classroom supplies.
We’d love for your child(ren) to participate in the following ways:
- Please encourage your child to read 500 minutes in 5 weeks.
- Help us raise a total of $50.00 in donations per child.
- It’s easy! Just read 20 minutes each day and help your child gather 5, $10.00 flat donations, or more.
- We have teamed up with The Get Movin’ Crew© to make this event fun and profitable.
We Need All Parents to Complete 3 Fast/Easy Online Steps!
- Register your Child by visiting Thegetmovincrew.com. It's free, super easy, and takes only a few minutes! (If you registered for our Fit Fest in the spring, you can use your current account.)
- Share your child's student fundraising webpage via email to 10-15 friends and family.
- Post on Facebook or Social Media. The average parent has 300 FB friends. You'll be surprised when donations come in from relatives, friends and co-workers. Post and see what happens!
Our total school goal is $10,000
- Begins: Monday, November 5,2018 (But you can register and begin fundraising today!)
- Ends: Friday, December 7, 2018 (Please have your child bring their reading log to school.)
- We prefer online donations through your child’s webpage.
- Donations in the form of cash & checks (in-school donations), should be turned in to the school.
- Please make checks payable to: Hightower PTA
Individual Goal Rewards
All students are encouraged to reach their individual goal of 500 minutes and $50
Keep track of minutes with this reading log. Parents can read out loud to their K-2nd grade students and count these minutes. Grades 3-5 must read on their own (can be out loud or to themselves) in order for the minutes to count.
- 250 minutes read – 1 entry into the drawing
- 500 minutes read – 2 entries into the drawing and a prize of either a book or a coupon to the Book Fair in January (exact prize still TBD) AND recognition at a school assembly in the spring
- 800 minutes or more read – 5 entries into the drawing and the gift of a book from the PTA as well as recognition at a spring school assembly
We encourage Grades 3-5 to consider reading Bluebonnet books in order to be eligible for the Bluebonnet Breakfast in February. Students who read at least 10 Bluebonnet books may attend the event.
We’d love for every student to register on the Get Moving Crew website and share it with family and friends. We’ve set a school goal of $10,000. If every student raises just $25, we will reach our goal!
- Register online at thegetmovincrew.com = 1 free entry into the drawing
- Every $50 raised = 1 entry into the drawing
10 Names will be drawn to win lunch with their teacher and a friend
10 Names will be drawn to win Library Helper in their class for the month (Month to be chosen by librarian)
Drawing will take place on Monday, December 10, and winners will be announced on Tiger TV.
Classroom & Teacher Team Rewards
All Classrooms are encouraged to work as a team to reach their goal!
- Follow your grade online! We will be giving rewards as a grade for the following achievements:
- The grade who reads the most minutes collectively
- The grade who raises the most money collectively
These top grades will each win the opportunity to wear pajamas to school, bring a stuffed animal and a favorite book, and get an hour during class time to read.
Total School Goal Rewards
When the whole school works together as a team everyone WINS!
$5,000 = Crazy Hat Day
$10,000 = Assistant Principal Wears Costume for a day
$15,000 = Principal Wears Chef Hat and Serves Everyone Lunch
Question? Please contact Jennie Loftis, VP3–Ways and Means, at email@example.com.