>> The Read-a-Thon has been extended to December 13th so please continue to read, read, read! <<
We want to promote a love for reading and want to encourage dedicated reading time each day. Our families just finished reading "Chocolate Touch" for the "One Book, One School" program. Let's Keep Reading!
You can help us reach our fundraising goal while helping your child spend time reading each day. The PTA is raising money to fund field trips, class parties, technology, and classroom supplies.
Our total school goal is $10,000! If every student raises just $25, we will reach our goal!
We’d love for your child to participate in the following ways:
- Please encourage your child to read 250 minutes in 6 weeks.
- Help us raise a total of $50 in donations per child.
- It’s easy! Just read 20 minutes each day and help your child gather five $10.00 flat donations or more.
- Register online here (scroll to the "Fundraising Campaigns" section) and edit your child’s profile.
Parents, get started by completing these fast & easy steps!
- Log in or register on the PTA website, then from the My Account & Orders menu, select My Forms/Paperwork. Then, scroll to the "Fundraising Campaigns" section. Or, click this link: https://hightowerpta.membershiptoolkit.com/open_forms.
- Click the link to your child's profile and edit the information as desired.
- Share your child's student fundraising web page via email to 10-15 friends and family.
- Post on Facebook or other social media. The average parent has 300 Facebook friends. You'll be surprised when donations come in from relatives, friends and co-workers. Post and see what happens!
Read-a-Thon Event Details
- Read-a-Thon Begins on Monday, November 4, 2019. (But you can register and begin fundraising today!)
- Read-a-Thon Ends on Friday, December 13, 2019. Reading logs are due on December 6!
- Online donations through your child's web page are preferred.
- Cash/check donations donations should be turned in to the school in a sealed envelope, attention Hightower PTA.
- All checks should be made payable to Hightower PTA.
Individual Goal Rewards
- All students are encouraged to reach their individual goal of 250 minutes and $50. Keep track of minutes with the Read-a-Thon Reading Log.
- Parents can read out loud to their K-2nd grade students and count these minutes.
- Grades 3-5 must read on their own (can be out loud or to themselves) in order for the minutes to count. We encourage Grades 3-5 to consider reading Bluebonnet books in order to be eligible for the Bluebonnet Breakfast in February. Students who read at least 10 Bluebonnet books may attend the event.
Prize Drawings for Fundraising/Reading
We will have two drawings: a Reading Drawing and a Fundraising Drawing.
- Register online = 1 free entry into the drawing for reading
- 250 minutes read = 1 entry into the drawing for reading
- 500 minutes read = 2 entries into the drawing for reading, Scholastic Dollars for our January Book Fair AND recognition at a school assembly in the spring
- 800 minutes or more read = 5 entries into the drawing for reading and Scholastic Dollars for our January Book Fair AND recognition at a school assembly in the spring
Every $50 raised = 1 entry into the drawing for fundraising
- Kindle Fire 10 (1 student will win)
- $50 Scholastic Dollars at the Book Fair (1 student will win)
- $25 Scholastic Dollars at the Book Fair (3 students will win)
Reading Drawing Prizes:
- Library Helper for one month (10 students will win)
- Lunch for your child with their teacher & a friend (10 students will win)
Both drawings will take place on Monday, December 16, and winners will be announced on Tiger TV.
Classroom & Teacher Team Rewards
We will be giving rewards as a grade for the following achievements:
- The grade who reads the most minutes collectively
- The grade who raises the most money collectively
These top grades will each win the opportunity to wear pajamas to school, bring a stuffed animal and a favorite book, and get an hour during class time to read.
Total School Goal Rewards
Raising $5,000 = Crazy Hat Day
Raising $10,000 = Assistant Principal wears a costume for a day
Raising $15,000 = Principal wears a chef hat and serves everyone lunch
We’d love for every student to register on our Hightower PTA website and share the information with family and friends. We’ve set a school goal of $10,000. If every student raises just $25, we will reach our goal! Please contact Jennifer Mayes, VP3-Ways & Means, at ways-and-means@
Let's Keep Reading!