Are you cleaning out closets and drawers during the pandemic and looking for an easy way to drop off your unwanted items? Consider donating to the World Wear Project bin in the Hightower teacher parking lot!
World Wear Project is a professional clothing collection company based in Dallas, Texas. Their efforts to keep millions of pounds of textiles from our landfills every year help our cities and counties by lowering their landfill space needs. Best of all, Hightower PTA receives $0.12 for every pound of donated items! The benefit for you? Neater closets, drawers, toy boxes, kitchens, and the knowledge that less textile waste will end up in our local landfills.
Friendly reminders when bringing your donated items:
- All donated items and bags must fit inside the bin. Please do not leave any donated items or bags on the ground outside the bin. We want to keep our staff parking lot clean and safe for our teachers to use.
- Please do not bring large, bulky items such as bicycles, car seats, or mattresses to the donation bin. These will not fit in the bin and cannot be accepted. We recommend that you take these items to Goodwill, Salvation Army, or other local charities.
- If the bin is full, please return on a different day and contact Katie Drexel, VP3-Ways & Means, at ways-and-means@hightowerpta.
For anything that is too large to fit inside the bin, please contact other local agencies such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army to donate/recycle those items.
- Clothes, shoes, and belts
- Purses & wallets
- Hats & caps
- Hard toys
- Stuffed animals
- Pots & Pans
Items Not Accepted:
- Car seats
- Kitchen appliances
- Electronic appliances (TVs/computers)
- Anything made of glass
Thank you for your donations!